Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easy fix for a wooden bowl

Here we go again--
I found this goody at a local DI and knew immediately that it would look fab in my mother's kitchen. (I love that woman to death but the last time I was over there I was not so much digging her wire fruit basket)
Here's what I started with. . .

 

I sanded all the previous varnish off and sprayed it with matte black spray paint. I roughed it up on the edges and sanded with the grain to try and give it a more textured look. I sealed the deal with some poly urethane top coat and there we have it. . . .

 

The picture wasn't really what I hoped it would be though. Its kind of got a zebra stripe feel to it but it didn't come across that well in the pic. (BTW-Those are real fruit in there. . . delish. . .)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sandy a la Mode said...

wow, i love how you painted it darker!! it looks great!

Sandy said...

I love my new fruit bowl, however I still have my wire basket too. I'm saving it for when Jackie comes up with a rehab idea for it. :)