Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Blow the Frugal Bugle, Baby!!

I love reed diffusers but I have a hard time spending $8+ on a little jar with some scented liquid in it.
You can make your own, less expensive,(and probably better) from a few items you might have kickin' around the house or that are at the dollar store.
 

Cut some skewers down to desired length, hot glue some ribbon and embelishments to the jar/bottle, pour in some liquid potpouri, and WAH-LA!!

 
Total cost:
Less than $2.50 and I still have TONS of potpouri left to refill with and plenty of skewers to make some to give as gifts.






3 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Excellent idea and thinking on your part. Clever woman.

Emily said...

This is an awesome idea!! I love it. Its going in my "Christmas gift ideas" bookmark :).

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Is that really all it takes? Those pre-made ones are very expensive! I didn't realize how easy it is to make your own. Great ideas!


Thanks for Hookin' Up with me at my first link party!