Monday, May 17, 2010

Rooster Peppermill

These peppermill projects are getting more and more popular and I thought I might have to try one. I found quite a few at the DI and have been hoarding them for later use. EsbeChic did a super cute version not too long ago sooooo. . . what the heck- Here goes. . .

 

I forgot to take a picture in the very beginning but I'm sure you get the just of it.
I gutted the peppermill down to the base(the grinder knob was on the top and I took out all the metal insides)and I primed the little ceramic rooster.

 

A little JB WELD Epoxy and then wait. . .
and wait. . .
and wait until it cured enough to get another coat of paint.

I distressed the base and sealed all the paint with some acrylic clear gloss.

 

I'd like to think its a little cuter than it comes out in the pictures but this wasn't one of my favorite projects. . .
They can't all be winners. . . .

You possibly could be though. . . .enter my giveaway!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crafty Mom said...

I am returning the favor and saying I love this rooster peppermill My kitchen is done in rooster and this is adorable. I might just have to get on this one and make me one.

April
www.sewhappysewcrafty.blogspot.com