Tuesday, May 25, 2010

DollarTree FlipFlop Makeover

I'm linking up to The CSI Project this week :)



I saw this idea on 'Or so she says'
and knew my daughter would absolutely love a pair.
Watch out Dollar Tree!! Here I come!

 
The only color of flip flops that would fit my little Magoo were gray but I found some pink and purple colored balloons that would make up for it.
(Magoo has to have EVERYTHING pink and purple! She's such a little DIVA)
These are the easiest things ever to make. . . easy if you can tie a knot that is.

 
You just tie a double knot with each balloon and continue adding one by one until the strap is full. I bought a package of 100 pink and 100 purple and used all of them in making the pair. (Make sure the knots lay along the top of the straps)
I did mine in a (kind-of) pattern with 2 pink, 2 purple, 2 pink, 2 purple. . . I'll be saying that in my head for the rest of the day.
The pair took almost an hour to tie but I think it was well worth it.
 
I think they turned out Ca-UuUUute!
 
They definately were 'Magoo Approved'
 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Infarrantly Creative said...

Those are so fun and girly.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

LOL! Those turned out so cute! Love them!

Michelle L. said...

Whoa! So cool! I saw the thumbnail (on CSI) and it looked so fancy - I can't believe those are balloons. Got to try this!

From The Heart Crafts said...

Your balloon flip-flops are very froo-frooie adorable!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Oh what an adoreable idea! Love it!! This would be fun to do with my older granddaughters :) Thanks for sharing!