Monday, June 28, 2010

Oh crap. . .

Son of a. . . . !!!!
I had a slight accident a few days ago with my poor computer chair. (I re-upholstered it a few years ago to match an ottoman I re-did.)
I honestly don't have an idea how, but, I tripped over this sucker when I was attempting to walk through to the bath room and CRASH!!
The back was distroyed as well as the eardrums of 10 of my neighbors. . .


 

But-- The best thing in the world happened. While setting up for a garage sale, a good friend of mine wheeled in an identical one that was broken also and marked it with a sticker that said "FREE"
(OoOOooooh Thank You, Brit. You are a life saver!!)

♫♪Hal-e-lu-YAH!!♪♫

 

 

I only needed the plastic part on the back rest to fix the chair and I was left with this. . . .
 

. . . .Lightbulb Alert. . . .

The kids are always looking for a hard surface to color on at home or when we are in the truck. . . (its no fun to sit at the desk or the table, ya know?)
I took an old pant leg from some jeans I cut off into shorts and then just slid it on and tied off the ends with some jute.

 

Too bad I didn't have a few of these. . .
The girls are in love with their new little 'lap desk'. :D

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nikki@KreativeKnack said...

Lol! Perfect timing!

sistersue said...

I just love those accidental projects. They are the best!

Judy Whatilivefor said...

How cute and simple! I love it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm now following and looking forward to seeing more!

Mel said...

Hey Jackie!

Oh my gosh, our blog names are so similar and you love thrift stores as much as I do. I love you. LOL.

You have so many great projects and clever uses for junk.

I'm glad your 4 year old convinced you to buy that fish. I friggin' love it!

Mel @ Junkin' Junky