Friday, June 4, 2010

Chunky Wooden Magnets

These magnets are super easy, fun, and inexpensive to make.

Start with a chunk of wood and router out a place for a magnet.

 

I used a two inch wood circle, some small magnets I found at the dollarstore in a 10pk, and a 3/8" drill bit.
I didn't drill all the way through the wood. . .just enough to give the magnet a place to sit so it was even with the back of the wood.
I threw in a little locktite to make sure the magnet stayed put too.


Then comes the fun part. . . DECORATE IT!!

 


I painted the wood black and then Mod Podged some paper and embellishments on.

 

I think these fun little magnets are just what my little reminder board needed.

 

These are so entertaining to make that it won't be long until I'll need another board just to hold them all . . . hahaha.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: