Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Herb Garden Charms

I finally got myself a metal stamping kit the other day and I am totally in love with this thing. It was super inexpensive too! ($12.99 at Harbor Freight tools)
I got some roof vent material and cut it into strips so it was easier to work with.

 

I also broke out the beads and wire for some embellishment on this project.

 

I used a stick pin washer for a stencil of a circle. . .it was just about the perfect size for each of my tags.

 

I used a black sharpie marker to darken the lettering a little and used the awl to stamp a hole in the top of the charm so I could hang in on my herb planter.
 


 

I think it turned out super cute. . . I was in love with my little planter already but these really finished it off. Check out my transformation post on the planter here.

 

I was having so much fun tagging all of my plants, I even did one for my strawberries. This tag is square and hung with jute though. . .
PS-Jute is soooo much cheaper when you buy it at a hardware store and not a craft store. . . Just thought I would pass that one if you guys didn't already know. Its around $5 at Michaels compared to less than $2 in the paint and home improvement section of Wal-Mart.
 

 

I'm linking up to the CSI challenge on this one. . .
Visit thecsiproject.com

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

What a great idea! That turned out so cute! Found you from CSI. . .

Salty Gal said...

Super Cute!

I went and bought that same stamping set but haven't used it yet...I need to get cracka lackin

Looks way good Jackie!

Alyssa said...

This is really cute!

Alyssa
http://lifeoflyssie.com

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

This is so great! I can't tell you how many different labels I have tried in the garden. Most just fade or wash away. I must try this. thanks for sharing

Schona Kessler Photography said...

oh this is fun! Would work great for charm necklaces too! hopped over from the CSI blog

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Such a fun project! I blogged about it on my tatertots blog!

Thanks so much for linking up to The CSI Project's hardware Store Challenge! We hope you will come back next week for the Martha Stewart-inspired challenge -- The MS Craft Department are our guest judges!!!

XOXO
Jen

*Little White Dove* said...

What a great idea! This is so good for gardening b/c it will last forever! I'm not a gardener, but this is great for other labeling, too!

Life in Rehab said...

Wow, Jackie, I told my husband I needed a stamping set, and this makes my argument stronger!