Monday, June 14, 2010

DollarTree Makeover - Bird Tealights

 

The glass tealight holders were glued in these puppies and they were in there GOOooOOOooD. I didn't want to risk breaking these while trying to pry them out so I just stuffed them with paper and used painters tape to cover all the exposed glass.

 

I gave them a couple of coats of Ivory spray paint and hit them with some sand paper to rough them up a bit.


Lucky for me, I had the little tan candles from a gift set someone gave me a long time ago and they went perfectly in the candle holder.
My little birds have a happy new home amongst my crazy "Bowl-O-Balls" :D

 

Confession: I absoulutely HATE birds. . . ask anyone who knows me. . .I can't stand them and I'm scared to death of the real ones. I honestly don't know why I thought these were so cute the other day. Hmmm. . . Maybe I'm having a change of heart about those horrid creatures. . . Maybe not.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nikki@KreativeKnack said...

How cute are those! I hate owls...but yet sometimes while shopping thrift stores,I find myself with a figurine at hand...I quickly snap out of it...Way ta go, for taking that first step...LoL!
Omg! can't remember if I said something before...but thanks for adding me to your sidebar! Woo Hoo!