Friday, June 18, 2010

Freezer Paper Stencils. . . Fun Stuff!!

Have you seen these yet?
Stencils you can iron on made from freezer paper?
I have seen a lot of people doing them lately and had to give it a try.

 

I printed out an image and then traced it onto the 'paper' side of the freezer paper, cut it out, and ironed it on to a tank top for my little Magoo. (The tank was on sale at WallyWorld for a buck. Score!)
I used the 'synthetic' setting on my iron which is a medium heat with no steam. Then I litterally squirted some paint into the middle of the stencil and smeared it around with my finger. I waited a minute or so and then pealed off the paper.

 

I was impressed that even with a ribbed tank, the paint didn't bleed at all and the paper was super easy to pull off of the shirt!
I added some little spots and what-not to the frog and Magoo LOVED IT!!

 

This was really fun and easy to do. . . I think I'll have to start stocking up on blank shirts and do some for gifts.

 

The top looked a little naked so I added a dots around the neckline to finish it off.

You could use this idea for just about anything. . .
I saw a couple of people do it on canvas tote bags with spray paint, too.
Cute Cute Cute. . .

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

I"ve used this technique before and it still amazes me how easy it is. Freezer paper is awesome! I love your little frog.. so cute.

J. said...

Wow, it turned out really great! Well done!

Judy Whatilivefor said...

That turned out so cute! I've been wanting to try freezer paper stenciling for a while, and you're just driving me even more to it! :)